PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT vs FTE
Thread: OAT vs FTE
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2008, 20:11
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shaun Ryder.
Oh dear oh dear. What a shame you don't see the benefit in the integrated route. Your incredible superiority complex, arrogance and condescending attitude to those who undertake this route means that you'd have fit right in - at least with what you perceive it to be....

I find it interesting that you rarely see any [credible] integrated students have a bad word to say about the modular route, yet mod students seem rarely able to return the favour....instead insisting that Mod is the ONLY route to go and you must be braindead to go integrated.

On the main point being discussed here....with a slowdown looming, I would suggest that there are two ways of perceiving the opportunities on offer to those with low hours. The first is that less jobs = more competition, so you need to give yourself every opportunity and each tiny facet you can add to your armoury is a valuable tool. The second view would be to take as little debt as you can to achieve the licence, so if you DON'T get a job, then it's less of a problem.

Who's to say which is the right perspective. I certainly don't know myself, I just know it would not be a good situation to be in [not being able to find a job] regardless of your route.