PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worst flight and why?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2000, 14:33
half a monte

Unhappy

Ok here goes.......

Worst Flight....

On board a plane to west coast USA. Plane was delayed sitting on tarmac at SYD for 1 hour. No explanation given.

Totally full flight, no airconditioning a freak March day temperatures hitting 35 celsius not allowed to give beverage service!

Finally an announcement that tells us "well we apologise for the delay but there seems to be some strong air activity over the Fijian Islands, in fact a cyclone. Well the captain is just planning a new route and of course we don't want to fly into the path of that one- now do we!!"

Well the pax next to me turned deathly white, claimed he was a nervous flyer (thank you!!) and proceeded to panic and tell me he didn't want to die. So after much placating and coaxing the flight attendant to mix him a very strong bloody mary he calmed down.

Half way into the flight air turbulence!!! He grabbed my arm so tight I had no circulation - quick make it a double strength bloody mary followed by an OP rum and wheres a baseball bat anything! Ok phew that kept him quiet for a little while...

Dinner service comprised of wait for it..lunch box with a sandwich, cookie and apple!!! what! absolutely starving no food left!!! Never mind the nervous flyer was asleep so I ate his.....

Flight ends, I have had no sleep on a 14 hour run... my arm hurts, frayed nerves and HE had the nerve to ask me out as we taxi in to airport..........aaahhhhhhhh quick....

CABIN DOORS TO MANUAL................

True story folks............