PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - psychometric testing
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2008, 16:35
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stanine...

The so-called Stanine test asks you questions such as: Would you rather wash wounded soldiers or teach young children to sing? Try to get your mind around that one! You are a person who likes your mother better than your father but you love both parents and you had a happy childhood in a small town, even if in real life you are a crack-head hubcap thief who was expelled for burning down the orphanage to cover up stealing drugs from the dispensary.

There is another similar one called the MMPS, I think. They have in-built checks to try and catch you b.s.-ing the test so that you might as well play it as straight as you think advisable. If you are not what they are looking for, so be it; you would probably be unhappy and just waste everyone's time if given the job.

Schreiner used some stuff such as: Draw a person. (You make a sketch.) Is that a man or a woman? (You say "It is a man," for instance.) Now draw a woman.

Draw a wish tree.

Draw a dream tree.

Draw a fantasy tree.

The headshrinker pulls out a set of Rorschach cards, the "ink blots". They all looked like variations on the theme of "vagina" to me, so this one was a butterfly, that one was a dragon, another was a bunny... I just picked the most boring and innocuous things I could think of.

That guy kept sending total bozos to Nigeria, actually, along with others who managed to fit in and get some work done. I don't know southern Africa but Nigeria used to send some guys potty, so that they were trying to screen people first.

Go to the library and read some "Psychology" reference texts to get an idea of what you might be facing.