PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT vs FTE
Thread: OAT vs FTE
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2008, 13:18
Diamond_Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adios,

That's a very well written post. I'd wager that you work for OAT though in some capacity. Forgive my cheek. That isn't to suggest what you've written is biased or inaccurate.

I know the CTC cadets who go to TCX don't pay for TR's (as the current deal at CTC is that they don't pay wherever they go). It's good to hear they treat the OAT guy's in the same respect as TCX. Doubt they'll be taking newbies for while though will they (and paying)?

I really have know idea about XL however it's interesting to hear. No arguments on the Aer Lingus front. Lufthansa and KLM probably correct (same class as BA) although unless the OAT cadets are good at German/Dutch I would doubt they'll be getting placed there.

As far as DHL goes that is very interesting. I tried out for a few positions there in the past and all the TR's are bonded. ie one 'pays' for the type rating and they give a sum back tax free on top of the cadet salary each month for 5 years until that specific costing is repaid. Is it different for OAT guys then? Do they just get a free TR with the ability to walk away from the company 6 months later with a spanking 757 TR to go else where on direct entry pay?

Are we getting confused on the issue of 'bonding' here? Or are all these airlines that you have noted giving completely free TR's (be it with cadet entry pay) with no contractual or financial obligations to the cadets?