PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA flight dispatcher license
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2008, 09:39
PNY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now the whole truth

If you wish to go to the U.S. to do the full 200-hour course and FAA exams please feel free to do so, but also realize that the 200-hour course option is a legitimate option, with licensing from the host country as an added advantage.

I am orignially from New York but have been here in Singapore due to marriage and better income for 3 years. The FAA International Field Office is here in Terminal 2. When I took the Jeppesen course here we have a 18-year veteran Pilot as our instructor at Mil-Com and both the CAAS and the FAA routinely droped in to audit the course.

The FAA office here had an inspector by the name of Mary Jane T. that stoped by when I took the course and the joint Mil-Com / Jeppesen 200-hour FAA approved course certificate I received was accepted without question when I took my O & P in New York with Ed D.

Like I said before, I am sure the schools in the U.S. are great. However, as a foreigner feel free to also excersise the overseas option as a way to get dual lcinesing and a great job too. Good luck.

Last edited by PNY; 16th Feb 2008 at 13:09.