PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are we really going with the IMC rating?
Old 15th Feb 2008, 09:35
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't agree. A flight must be operated on the basis of the forecast and actual weather conditions
and also on the basis that things may not turn out quite as planned. I.E. having al alternative course of action.

-----------

The pilot is fully IR current because he holds a valid IMC rating
Statements like that and the previous statements from some that IMC holders can operate to IR minima do not put the IMCrating in a good light.

The IMC is not an instrument rating. The holders are not instrument rated. If you want to push forward the idea you need to ensure that such is made clear.

EASA have not "granted a moratorium" and they are not adopting the rating for at least the next four years.

To think such is simply dreaming.

EASA simply pointed out that the whole process is going to have such a timeframe.

People should decide personally if they want to pay for a rating that may not exist in 4 years time and one could argue that shcools sdhould make them aware.

Natural Justice?

It costs me a fortune to drive a 4x4 round inner London (more than the cost of an IMC rating each year. I was able to do it for free. Can I not pay and claim my rights to Natural Justice in infringed?

If Authorities listed to the popular position then GPS would be mandatory fro VFR flights.

If I wanted to strii things, I would make 2 posts - The IMC rating is dead............and in 4 years time - I told you so.

However, if I simply point out what I believe are errors in the way people are going about this then they can have a think about what I say. They may agree or they may not that is up to them.

Regards,

DFC