PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The varying standard of RAF ladies
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2008, 08:51
FirstFiveEighth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The varying standard of RAF ladies

I attended a (very enjoyable) function at a certain large, secret, midlands airbase last month. All good fun, with lots of ex-chums around. However, and ever-so-slightly tongue in cheek:-

What struck me was the comparison of today's "ladies" with the ones I remember from the 60's and 70's. I'm sure I detect a certain dumbing down in this area. We had the odd Penny Dread-Full and a couple of, er, bottom feeders, but most were girls and ladies who could turn a few heads, with personalities to match.

I know it's not gallant to state explicitly, but based on last month's do, and the odd mess visit, there seems to have been a gradual and relative decline in standards in this area. Most attached and unattached females seem to conform to the Comprehensive School model rather than the pre-Sloane/private school types I remember, again with the personalities to match.

Is this, as I suspect, just a reflection of society in general, or is it that the "gentlemen" are in the same boat and choose a like-minded partner? Whatever, it does seem to make for a more boring mess life!