PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS UK - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2008, 08:04
fani999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
qantas selection process

Hi everyone, I went to the Welcome on board day on February 13th 2008 for Qantas LHR. We had to participate in group tests (6 tables of 6 people). We were given two subjects: first one was to prepare a flyer to promote an Australian diner. In the second one, something had been stolen in a party and we needed to discuss about the potential thieves. In my group we all spoke and participated (we were all quite open, smiling and polite to each other). At the end of the morning the recruiting team only kept one person of my table. Most of the persons that were selecting us have been cabin crew for Qantas LHR for 2 o 3 years and we were not informed if they had any degree in psychology to be in charge of what I believe is a group behavioural study. I wish, all of us would have had the opportunity to only have a 10 minutes private interview to discuss our experience, our abilities and motivation. If I had been dismissed after that I wouldn't have left with the feeling that they didnīt even try to know me (which is the purpose of an interview, isnīt it?). I would have thought the 4 european languages I speak and my experience as a cabin crew in private jets and other airlines would have opened me the door to at least a 10 minutes conversation. Good luck to you all!