PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink Hiring Policy.......false advertising
Old 14th Feb 2008, 21:20
basementjaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantaslink Hiring Policy.......false advertising

lil_blueberry et al.,

I agree, If QF (main or link) advertise a position, they should include all assessable items including criminal records (and how an adverse criminal record will be looked upon).

Anyone can usually get an ASIC as long they do not pose a security risk to aviation. If someone is not eligible for a QF ASIC, it is more to do with a QF requirement than a DITRDLG issue.

From QF point of view (Link or mainline) the issue could be your eligibility for entry into other countries (under the banner of work). An adverse criminal record may prevent you from getting a visa for entry into some countries or at the least make it a little harder. I think QF would rather not have the hassle.

"..... Even though I know someone on the course who has a worse history than my petty charge....just that his was 11 or so years ago!"

Funny(or maybe not funny) thing is if your criminal indiscretion was 10yrs ago it could have been made a "spent conviction", meaning that it would be a non-discloseable item on your record if it was a minor conviction (as long as it meets other spent conviction eligibility items). Further info, See.

You did the right thing by letting QF know of your indiscretion, hell that shows how upfront and honest you are rather than trying to hide it. If you had not told them about it, and it came to light further down the line they could have terminated employment due to deceit on you part as the conviction may have a bearing on how you do you job (however unlikely).

But i guess it doesnt matter now anyway..

IMO.

BJ