PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JPA and their appalling administrating
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2008, 19:18
Scribbly

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I agree. Apparently there was a vote to see whether we wanted one year's pay divided by 12 or each month paid according to how many days were in it. The annual one won, but no-one asked me.

We're all supposed to chk our pay is correct, but how will we ever know? You'd have to find your daily rate from somewhere else, multiply by 364 1/4 (or whatever it is, someone will tell me, no doubt), then do some calculations to put an extra 2% (for example) on April to Decembers, then a bit more if you've been promoted, then another bit if you've got an increment, perhaps take some off if you're on maternity pay, then divide that by how many days are left in the year and split that into the number of equal months that are left.... I have no idea any more.

I much preferred multiplying your daily rate (which was printed on the payslip) by 28/30/31 days. Easy.

I had an NPD taken off in November, quite incorrectly and still haven't got it back. Having been inspired by Heliaviator (and been to JPAC/HR etc etc) I feel a letter to my MP coming on.