PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are we really going with the IMC rating?
Old 14th Feb 2008, 13:12
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just curious so that I know what catagory of pilot (or not) we need to convince.
You can convince every pilot in the world. That is not going to make any difference. You have to convince the regulators and the national Governments plus the European comission. Pilots especially just the purely recreational and sport kind i.e. PPL represent very few votes. Think of the airfield closures. How many pilots vote and campaign against those.

I don't feel the need to thump my chest and proclaim my experience to justify the opinions I express.

As you obviously think the IMCr is a load of crap, prehaps it would be better if you leave us to our discussion.....thanks.
The idea is sound but the training, the legislation and the practical application are flawed - The UK CAA said that - ban them from any IMC discussions also. Here is an oportunity to change that and broaden the appeal.

Seems that anyone not in the keep the IMC Rating as it is sheep flock is not wanted because only those that agree are permitted to have a say.

Fine...take your discussions into some secret place and we can sit back and enjoy our flying related debates.

Regards,

DFC