PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA flight dispatcher license
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2008, 11:25
PNY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dam questions

Dam,

I am not qualified to tell you if you do or do not qualify for the certificate but my Jeppesen instructor at Mil-Com in Singapore gave us all a copy of Title 14 CFR Part 65 (Federal Aviation Regulations Part 65) which indicates the experience requirement that the FAA will accept to grant permission to take the oral and practical exam without first competing a course, in the U.S. only.

I took my FAA approved Jeppesen course in Singapore for US$5,000 (versus US$6,500 in Dubai) because over here its also CAAS approved. If I had taken the course anywhere else the CAAS would have had me repeat the 6 weeks in full. The Mil-Com certficiate is endorsed by the CAAS and is a psudo license with your company dispatcher check out, etc.

Some of the students went to Dubai latter after taking the course in Singapore and took the UAE oral and practical (easy compared to the FAA) and saved a little on the course price. They had no choice but to get the U.A.E. license due to the job offer in that country.

Our Jeppesen instructor here in Singapore told us to get some tuition before taking the exam in the U.S. for the FAA (its no longer given outside the U.S.) and be prepared to pay between US$100-400 to a designated examiner.

I hope that helps you out, I am sure the school's in the U.S. are also great too. Its just a friend of mine that did it in the U.S. many years ago had been laid off by at least 3 different airlines which is why I made such a comment above.

I am sure all the school's are great, the Jeppesen course I took at Mil-Com in Singapore had the CAAS audit them all the time, so perhaps that is why it was so good. I can not speak for the Jeppesen courses in Dubai though. Thanks!