PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: AsA ATC staffing levels
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2008, 08:14
WELLCONCERNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My recent banning reminds me of the old classic joke about the foul-mouthed parrot. ...

A lady goes to a pet shop to buy a pet parrot. The salesman sells the lady a very nice parrot in a cage - and tells her that it is a very talkative parrot. When she gets home, she takes the cover of the cage, and immediately the parrot lets fly with a barrage of foul language, four letter words, and insults. The more the lady tries to calm the parrot, the worse the language. Desparate, she rings the pet store for advice. The owner suggests putting the bird in the freezer for a few minutes, to teach it a lesson [sound familiar?]. So, the lady takes the still swearing parrot from the cage, puts it in the freezer, and closes the door. After a few minutes, the foul language dies away, and she opens the door. Out pops a shivering parrot, who says in his poshest English accent "Oh madam - I'm so dreadfully sorry about my foul language, and terrible behaviou - I hope you can find it in you to forgive me, and I promise I shall never swear again" The lady forgives the parrot - who then asks, in his best and most proper British accent "Pray, madam, might I make an enquiry? Pray tell, can you tell me what the turkey did wrong?!"....

I shall endeavour to behave....

Last edited by WELLCONCERNED; 14th Feb 2008 at 21:49.