PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 13th Feb 2008, 23:38
Henry_Harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question The subject of asthma

I have read many posts on pprune, this thread in particular. I am 13 and still studying at school. I am one of the highest achievers in my school and aim to maintain these standards. I exercise regularly and keep myself fit. I am also an active and enthusiastic member of the Air Training Corps. Ever since about the age of 4 I have always wanted to fly, and as of the past 7 years have become particularly interested in the fast jet stream. When I was younger i was diagnosed with asthma. Although i was diagnosed with asthma I have never suffered anything like an asthma attack. I have been flying with the ATC multiple times, this including aerobatics ( 6.5 G's , may sound like nothing but is very fun!). My "asthma" has never really appeared as a problem.

If I could prove this a misdiagnosis would that solve that problem? If so how would one go about doing this? Any advice?

Has anyone any advice from past or present experiences as to, for instance, the OASC interview. Any things worth mentioning in particular?

I know that I am only thirteen (nearly fourteen) and there are still 3 and a half years left but I would just like to clear up my mind as to what the situation is.

CDT Harris

Last edited by Henry_Harris; 14th Feb 2008 at 08:33.