PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT vs FTE
Thread: OAT vs FTE
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2008, 19:13
Diamond_Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adios,

"Majority" was the wrong word for me to use. Let's just review that. The biggest single number of cadets going to a particular airline from OAT in 2007 was 57 to Ryanair and so far it is again in 2008. The Ryanair angle wasn't really my point. All your questions are answered in the FR terms and conditions threads if you want specifics.

(The training pay lasts only a couple of months. Then you go onto contract with more respectable earnings. Then after 500h on the line you move onto the good money. It won't take you long to get to that milestone).

I'm pretty much in disagreement with your statement that most of the guys who go to OAT and are placed don't have to pay for there type ratings. Could you win me round by listing the airlines that you think do give free type ratings to cadets? You don't need to mention BA (I agree the allowances are good if you put the work in and senority will eventually kick in), Flybe (utterly ****e pay) or BMI, although i do believe a couple of grand is required up front (nothing really) with just over a £100 taken out of your salary for the next 5 years. I'm just interested in hearing about the other airlines???

Please anybody who decides to go for an integrated FTO be prepared to spend in the region of 100k. Don't kid yourself! Anything less is a bonus!

Last edited by Diamond_Dog; 13th Feb 2008 at 19:24.