PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accident report A05H0002 Air France Flight 358
Old 13th Feb 2008, 17:48
serpilot10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICAO Anexo 13 and CVR Flight 358

Thank you very much (302B31) for his interest and reply, but modestly I know perfectly well what the OACI says.
What I ask is if someone in the forum knows where there can obtain the transcription of the CVR of the Flight 358.
Particularly I believe that in this accident the transcription was pertinent and relevant to put it in the final report. Beyond what says the report on the decisions of the crew, it is necessary to know how and why they took the decision to land under meteorological very adverse conditions. Not what the crew said, but what they really spoke in the cockpit.
In the Final Report of the Flight 358 (1.18.2) two accidents are mentioned: AA Flight 1420 and the Hawaiian Airlines. In both accidents they are transcribed recorded in the CVR.
It is more, the case of the AA 1420 if the web page http://www.ntsb.gov/Events/2000/aa1420/default.htm is opened there can read all the declarations taken to all those persons who had to see with the accident, included the co-pilot (the captain died in the accident). Ten points for the NTSB. It is as well as debit of an investigation becoming.
The articles 5.12 and 5.12.1 of the OACI leaves the door opened for much mistrust because the interests in game are very high.
Particularly I believe –as pilot and investigator) that when there is nothing that to conceal and wants really that the investigation contributes that another accident of similar characteristics does not happen it is necessary to expose all the information to the aeronautical community as to the public in general. Unfortunately the OACI only recommends and cannot force to any state to publishing what it does not want to publish.
Something must be that they (state, company air, and manufacturers of aircraft) do not want that it is known publicly.
We know all - I refer to the pilots- to the pressures to which we are submitted (internal - proper of the personality of every pilot especially and of the company for the one that flies away.
I did not want to think that in the decision of the crew to land in these conditions they gave priority to economic reasons.
Hundreds of studies exist on the economic losses of the companies for delays or not to land in the programmed destiny. They will have spoken on this the crew?
It is because of my insistence in wanting to know the transcription of the CVR. I am sure that many pilots wanted the same thing in order that it does not return to happen.