PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silverjet Second Officer Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2008, 14:15
clunk1001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a thought…

lets say you got the job, and in 24 months time lets say silverjet are still going strong. That would give you 24 months experience of the right hand seat. And when I say experience of the 'right hand seat' I mean just that - you’ll have more experience with the seat adjust lever than actually flying the plane.

This is all fine if you stay with SilverJet and move to FO, but what if you want to leave, or Silverjet go bust? You’ve spent a lot of money and a lot of time learning how to fly - can you put up with being bumped out of the RH seat when any real flying needs done – for 2 years?

If you’re at a job interview for another airline, how much advantage is 24 months A/P monitoring actually going to give you over a guy with a new TR, you’re CV may still be put in the pile marked ‘never actually landed the thing’. Although you'll have an advantage over new TRs of knowing exactly what the best seat position is for you. You'd be looking for £35k+, and the low hour guys would probably take £20k+

I know I’ve over simplified this, but 2 years monitoring seems a very long time to me.

…just a thought.