PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON -3
Thread: MANSTON -3
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2008, 14:08
flightless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I think we all realise that selling tickets at £1 was certain suicide for EUjet, but I shouldnt think anyone would expect an experienced carrier to be that stupid. If the price set was a little above the cost from the big three then I am sure people would be prepaired to pay, I for one would !!
I am off to glorious Stansted in a couple of weeks really looking forward to the 2 hour drive finding the parking space waiting for the bus to take me to the terminal and I love the 2 hour check in time, takes longer to get on the plane than the flight to Spain.
I know the flights to Murcia were popular and some of the other destinations, and a lot of the others were a dead loss but its not hard to pick the good from the bad. Smaller planes and the right name behind them I feel sure could make a go of it.
Having said all that if my memory serves me right, Infratil said right from the start that they were not too interested in the passenger side of things and that they would concentrate on cargo, so perhaps I am clutching at staws.