PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European, 777 rated, and want to live at home again?
Old 13th Feb 2008, 12:45
Chinos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T & C's?

Why would DHL and LH Cargo open a new company for cargo operations that already exist and that they already are working on?

-Only to save money, of course...
Ladies and gentlemen: This looks like the beginning of the "Low cost cargo business model"

I guess their conditions will be moderate and performance based with few fringe benefits. Germany is known as a particulartly buerocratic country and the taxman will make the rules on the financial side of your conditions.

Guys an girls from the desert might not be so keen once they do the figures..its hard to step down and hand it all to the IRS once you enjoy the benefits of a "free" income..

LEJ is not the centre of the universe in Germany, either. Perhaps acceptable for people from Berlin or Dresden, but beyond that the commute will be tideous. And after one winter in LEJ even the optimistic might be ready to throw the towel on trying to live in Leipzig...

If they are holding back with their T&C's its because they want to see what kind of fish will be biting first...

This company will be all about optimizing cost versus income and the human factor in this will play a significant role in the "optimization" process...

Well, this is my 50 pence anyway, I have no inside knowledge other than observing the industry for a significant amount of time.

Hope time will prove me wrong and this will become the "jewel of aircargo" in EU...

Best of luck to them and all of us..