PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB BA38 B777 Initial Report Update 23 January 2008
Old 12th Feb 2008, 22:19
Oldlae

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are due the 30 day report from the AAIB by this weekend, methinks the airlines which are now looking at water contamination are reading between the lines like we are all doing and perhaps, realising that they could improve the frequency of their water checks, "checking every several hundred hours", you've got to be joking. I, personally, probably going out on a limb, cannot believe that both engines would be affected within seconds of each other of the same or similar cause of a physical reason for fuel restriction in separate fuel feeds, (if they were separate). I am concerned that in the absence of a confirmed cause for the explananation of the accident that icing is blamed when it cannot be proven, this could possibly happen again without the advantage of the generous grass landing strip and the undoubted skill of the handing pilot. Well done sir. I would not like to see this thread closed until the AAIB report is issued, we are all entitled to our opinion and to offer our possible reasons, especially if someone is away and has missed a lot of posts.