PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB BA38 B777 Initial Report Update 23 January 2008
Old 12th Feb 2008, 19:15
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Lancelot:
My "non-expert view". ..............................................

It is clear that no one, so far, has that answer. Let people speculate as it provides discussion on this site.

It also proves that the cause is more complicated/obscure than was at first thought.

As long as people debate it gives interesting reading.
1. You don't know that "the answer" hasn't been "found" - in fact your concept of having an "answer" demonstrates that you don't understand that almost all outcomes are multi factorial (ie: "The holes in the cheese lining up")

2. In my opinion Informed speculation on this matter stopped quite a few pages ago.

3. The "cause" may or may not be complicated and obscure - we simply don't know. What we do know is that the aircraft was landed without loss of life - not all the holes in the cheese lined up. We don't know, for example, if the crew contributed to their own predicament (although I hope not).

4. Sorry, but the debate here is no longer interesting. Witness yet more pointless "debate" about contaminated, frozen, fuel. We simply don't know.

5. I don't know anything and have nothing useful to contribute, apart from suggesting that this incident proves the existence of Gremlins.

Could we please put a sock in it? At least read the whole thread before contributing?

P.S. Re insurance: Nothing unusual, Boeing has an entire division dedicated to repairing and/or rebuilding accident damaged aircraft by the side of runways around the world - and they do an excellent job. I would have thought that these Gentlemen would have been on the scene and provided the insurers with a rough quote within a very short time.