PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Erebus 25 years on
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2008, 18:12
hoggsnortrupert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb White Out:

Re (4) - I take your point about the atlas. Although the captain might have plotted the nav track on his atlas, it does not necessarily mean that he took the atlas with him - which would explain why the atlas was not found at the crash site. (But it wasn't found at the captain's house either.) If the atlas wasn't available on the flight deck, then the crew's failure to identify Beaufort Island is explained.

Ampan: I think you perhaps miss my point!

In White out what you THINK YOU SEE, IS NOT WHAT YOU SHOULD BE SEEING, rather like a simulator, its all an ILLUSION OF NATURE! what good would have been an ATLAS or MAP:

Also: ONE of the Pilots, I can't remember which: their family home was broken into within days of the accident and records where taken!

There is indeed I feel some substance to the rumor over the years that ANZ and Morrie Davis, knew within a very short space of time, from the FLT not reporting in that they had flown into Erebus:

Why: The shift of the waypoints it is RUMORED to have been known about almost immediately:

I am willing to stand corrected here: but the chap that shifted the Lat & Long ( Waypoints) I heard committed suicide shortly afterwards.

I stand corrected if I am wrong:

Chr's
H/Snort