PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air ambulance/ Police- winching/ onshore rescue
Old 12th Feb 2008, 17:13
[email protected]

Received 657 Likes on 290 Posts
Well maybe I am the lone voice in the wilderness and if I resort to personal insults it is as a result of frustration at trying to save people from themselves.

I do however know a thing or two about winching and it's hazards and if you think that sending a crew out to carry out winching operations when NONE of them have ANY experience other than a basic winching course (whether accredited by the CAA or not) is risky at best and downright foolhardy at worst.

If Bertie's outfit were using his experience to set something up like this I would at least have confidence that there was a mature, experienced operator ready to call a halt if it got silly but FF's outfit only seem to have him and it is the blind led by the partially sighted.

After 25 years plus of flying I have seen plenty of young pilots come up with great ideas, ignore the wisdom of the old and bold and then get bitten on the arse.....let's hope it doesn't happen to YAA.