PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kind of stuck... any suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2008, 09:11
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe there are many ways onto the flight deck, for me I decided to get a degree full time and working part time. This got me a job in IT straight away after graduation and I'll always have a BSc after my name.

But 4 years of lost income/studying for a subject that is going to be of verry little use to me on the flight deck? seems like a total waste of time and I'd have to agree with www's posts.

What I have secured though is a back up career should I fail my class 1 medical renewal one day, or if this recession kicks in and I'm left with no RHS.

I just turned 26 and currently studying my ppl exams and browsing over ATPL books (to see what I am letting myself in for). I'll be taking 4 weeks off work in June/July to carry out my PPL training and that will be followed by ATPL with BGS shortly after.

With your predicted grades in;

ICT A2
Business Studies A2
Psychology AS
Accounting
English Lang/lit AS

I'd possibly look into a few sponsorships too. Highland Airways do a cadet sponsorship.

If I had known these existed when I finished my A levels I'd have applied to every one. It's too late for me but it's not for you.

Good luck with your flying and studies.

Last edited by AlphaMale; 12th Feb 2008 at 13:44.