PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT vs FTE
Thread: OAT vs FTE
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2008, 08:52
JetSetJ

To be honest mate, I don't remember mentioning that I was £100k in debt??

I had very little flying experience before joining OAT and so wanted an all in program, just a personal choice to be quite honest. The APP although not as brilliant as is advertised, it got me my licence and did what it said on the tin. It was also the quickest way to get an airline job, which after all is why one embarks on such a course. There's no doubting that the level of training here in the UK and quality of instruction is outstanding, but the same can't be said for the Goodyear facility (the term cowboys come's to mind, no pun intended!)

To be honest with you it doesn't bother me that modular guys can get a job too, in one way it's a good thing, after all it provides an interesting conversational topic on the flight deck!!

It's true that some of the guys get outstanding jobs, the majority of us find the jobs for ourselves. In fact I plead with new comers going to OAT or whatever they call themselves these days, don't fall for the rubbish that they will find you a job, they don't!! A few lucky guys get something, but not all of us!! Do your homework and don't fall for the marketting and employment stats!!

To all those about to embark on training and go to OAT, you really will enjoy the training, the majority training standard is outstanding and the MCC/JOC is the best bit of the course, when you're done send out the cv's don't rely on OAT for anything!!

The very best of luck guys and girls:-)

JJ