PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA flight dispatcher license
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2008, 00:27
PNY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeppesen Revaldiation of course graduation certificate

Several people have emailed me out of ignorance in not knowing that Jeppesen revalidates course graduation certificates routinely out of U.A.E., Singapore, India and elsewhere so here it is:

Send an email to [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected] to request a revalidation of your Jeppesen course certificate just prior to leaving for the U.S. to take your written, oral and practical. Advise them of your original date of graduation and that you have remained active in your knowledge, skills and abilities as a dispatcher, pursuant to Title 14 CFR 65.70 (1) (b).

Please, vist www.faa.gov to find the computer testing centers, and a Air Carrier or Flight Standards District Office for your oral and practical for the city you will be visiting. Study a current Gliem ADX written exam book before you go, perhaps Somia or an Jeppesen instructor at EK can get you a current one, and also download FAA Form 8400-3 as well as the FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Practical Test Standards. Also dowload the full Title 14 Transportation and Space or applicable versions such as Part 1, 65, 91 and 121.

It is recommended that you obtain some personal tutorial locally before taking the oral and practical exam. The FAA Inspectors do not charge for and "o & p" if you can get one, the FAA Desiganted Examiners charge US$150-400 as they are not FAA employees. The written exam is only US$90.

I am sure the dispatcher schools mentioned above a good. However, many foreigners wish to also upgrade their educational credentials, so for them Jepepsen has articulation agreements for Dispatcher course graduates to be granted up to 12 credit hours towards a Bacholor of Science degree from Metropolitan State College of Colorado, the University of Hawaii / Honolulu Community College, and the University of Phoenix online among others.

By the way, unlike the U.S.A., most foreign graduates (who wish to continue living abroad) with an FAA Dispatchers license in hand in places like Singapore find jobs much more quickly. Jobs in the U.S.A. are great right now but do find yourself to be the first to go when the economy sours. However, on the up side the FAA Certificate is valid for life unless sooner surrendered, suspended or revoked. The pay is much higher abroad with the FAA certificate in hand with the local license.

I am a previous Jeppesen graduate with an FAA and lcoal license. This is not to sell you on taking a Jeppesen course, I really could care less, the idea is to think good income after graduation. Good luck to you my friends...

Last edited by PNY; 12th Feb 2008 at 00:40.