PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 11th Feb 2008, 21:03
airman7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Luck on Feb 12th

You replied below to my earlier question but I've changed my login name to airman7.
Kick ass on the interview.

Hi Airman737,
Well, I leave for DXB on Friday & the interview starts on Tuesday the 12th. I'm a little under-prepared for this whole advance compass testing which happens on Day 1 in the afternoon. Apparently it's some European JAA test whch they follow & is supposed to be a comprehensive skills and aptitude test. Lets see how it goes.
The interview should be ok, but I am definitely going to ask them about my chances of getting an accelerated command upgrade. Coz I have 4000 PIC on the 737 NG. So I hope thats good enough for them ! Did they really tell you 6 months ? I've heard it's a min. of 18 months on the right seat and even then the upgrade is subject to there being no available senior FOs on the type who have all the required experience ! So, basically this whole accelerated command business at EK seems a bit like a lottery to me
I'll get back to you on the 16th or so when it's all done and let you know how it all went
Cheers pal.

---Quote (Originally by theairman737)--- Hello,

I read your post and I'm in the same boat as far as I'm a current B737 captain with 6800+ in type and 14,000+TT and a scheduled EK interview during the third week of March. I would be interested to hear what your experience is during the interview and what they tell you about the accelerated command opportunity.

I was told during the prelim interview in SFO that due to no heavy time in my career a DEC would only be an outside possibility but the accelerated upgrade would be no problem. They said the upgrade in that case can come anywhere from 6-18 months.

Best of Luck and I hope to hear from you.
---End Quote---