PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are we really going with the IMC rating?
Old 11th Feb 2008, 20:15
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AOPA had hoped that they could convince the rest of Europe to not only allow the IMCR to exist but to even expand it to other European users. This is unlikely to happen so AOPA are concentrating on the preservation of the IMC rating for British pilots and a fully accessible IR for all.

I am now aware of the communication that Fuji has had with the CEO and it has been agreed that he will contact Fuji and ask him to coordinate with me as the official representative. I am fully prepared to do so as I have stated.

As I am now going to be handling this in a representative capacity it will be wise for me to no longer enter into debate with Peter over the activities of AOPA or debate my personal view on the issue. I would therefore request that if he genuinely wishes to work in a collaborative manner he refrains from further AOPA trashing.

AOPA represents it's membership, if that matches the needs of non members then they are getting something for free, if it does not then so be it. If the membership wish to makes changes to policy they just have to contact the CEO, any member of the executive or a member of the working groups and the matter will be reviewed.

I would like to thank everyone for there patience in staying with frequently has amounted to garbage but can assure that AOPA are acting with the best interests of the AOPA membership at heart.