PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are we really going with the IMC rating?
Old 11th Feb 2008, 12:33
dublinpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuji,

You're getting distracted again from your good work, with this AOPA bashing! You were doing so well in avoiding it!

Bose has set out AOPA's position fairly clearly. They are campaigning for a retension of the IMCr in the UK only. (I was sure I read elsewhere, perhaps Flyer, that they were campaigning for it's expension across the EU, but Bose has set us straight on that.)

Now a member of AOPA can sit happily and pay their subs if that's what they support, or they can make their views known to AOPA if they don't agree with that aim. They can even get involved directly and try to change it from within if they wish. That is their choice. Those of us who aren't AOPA members have no right to tell a private members organisation what their aims should be.

Let's leave them alone and not do any more AOPA bashing, and concentrate on our own aims

I understand that AOPA offered to meet to try to work together, but your aims and theirs weren't compatable. So be it.....lets get on with building the IMCr campaign, and leave AOPA to theirs. You have done amazing work todate, with some spectacular results.....let's not get distracted now

dp