PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First the RAF Marshaller........
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2008, 09:35
Python21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Half-naked RAF airmen in Queen rock tribute

Has anyone got a link to this video?

From the Telegraph website this morning:

The British armed forces' series of comedy pop tributes continues - scantily-clad RAF airmen have recorded a spoof music video for campy Queen classic Don't Stop Me Now.
Perhaps inspired by Staff Sergeant Roger Parr of the Royal Tank Regiment's version of Tony Christie's classic Show Me The Way To Amarillo, four pilots from the II (AC) Squadron, stationed in Qatar, filmed themselves miming along to the rock legends' party piece.
Standing next a Tornado fighter-bomber and wearing only their underwear, the group - on downtime after a period serving in Iraq - crooned "I wanna make a supersonic man out of you" in the blazing heat of the Middle Eastern sun.

Their audience, consisting of dozens of other airmen and ground crews from II (AC), also peeled off down to their smalls for the camera, and several of them perched on the wings of the jet aircraft for a photo.

Far from disapproving, the RAF seem to be fully behind their employees' impromptu shift towards showbusiness. "The video raised morale", said a spokesman.

P21