PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON -3
Thread: MANSTON -3
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2008, 09:27
Baltasound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that Eurostar have pulled direct services to Brussels from the UK, a BRU service may work, but competition elsewhere may put the kybosh on that.
Bemused; since when have Eurostar pulled Brussels from the UK? I presume you mean from Ashford, which is true as the service there has been transferred to Ebbsfleet instead to all intents and purposes. Which from North Thanet/ Medway maybe easier to access - I will leave it to the locals to comment on that.

[QUOTE] Despite what others may say, I have relatives who regularly used the MSE/Spain services and others who used the Manchester/MSE route whilst living in Cumbria. The MSE/MAN route was no more expensive than rail and was a lot more convenient. The crucial aspect was the saving of the London rail interchange. I know that one journey was 42 minutes flight time whereas the train London to Thanet took significantly longer.
[QUOTE]

Plus from 2009 there will be a move to shift some Thanet Railway services out of the S.London terminals to St Pancras via HSL2 - with a stop at Stratford and from there it will be a 20min or so hop to LCY. So domestically Ashford etc will come within 30mins of London.