PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New rostering rules at EK
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2008, 09:10
GMDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LR3: Answer to your question is, it must be the same pilots who voted in favour of the reserve month ....... all go by the name of Harvey and have long ears.

As for the recruting, same here. I am quite disappointed that one of my best buddies just pulls the same stunt, allthough I fully understand. (The recruitement departement should be outsourced to Emirates Holidays, as they mostly provide annual leave with accomodation for non EK employees).
It's interesting to observe that it is not necessarily the last rostering scam that put newbees off. It is the now public discrepancy between what is beeing propagated from recruitement and what is delivered by the managers.
This will have a huge longterm impact because the worst you can do in hr-management, is deliberately lying. If T&Cs become a cynical tool to compensate for incompetence and arrogance (not to mention the r-word), the war is declared.
Being confronted with a strong nomenklatura, it leaves the individual just to protect himself from damage of the repression.
Some possibilites have already been mentioned.