PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPRUNE has gone tech!
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2001, 17:23
Capt PPRuNe

Chief PPRuNe Pilot

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thank you all for the kind comments. With reference to PayPal, if you are outside the USA you have to make sure you set up an International Account. There is an option to change the to one near the top of the sign up page.

The banner advertising is by far the biggest contribution to the meney required to run PPRuNe but as we get busier we need to raise even more money and as in any business it comes down to cash flow. The payment for a Personal Title is only one of a number of ways of raising extra cash. PPRuNe badges can be purchased and there will be more merchandising in the near future. The biggest problem is getting the money in from other countries.

I can set up a merchant account here but the hassle that the UK make in setting it up and as a store front is unbearable. It is OK if you are doing this full time but as has been mentioned it is only a part time hobby and I do have to have a life outside of the job and PPRuNe. That is why I have gone for PayPal. I have looked into it and it is the best and easiest option for collecting money as well as one of the most secure I have come across.

So, in a fit of marketing mania, why not purchase your own Personal Title to cherish forever for a nominal sum and help to cover the costs of running this site at the same time. Go on... you know you really do want one. Just CLICK HERE and fill in the form and you won't have to put up with my 'whims' when I decide to change you all from "Just another number" to something even more demeaning!

[ 26 August 2001: Message edited by: Capt PPRuNe ]