PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority List ???
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2008, 04:11
volarecantare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Messiah, think the point was the the Seniority list did not protect any of the 49ers who seemed to be hand picked strategically by CX (probably as advised by consultants) to
1. achieve max damage to the moral of pilot body and diffuse their IR confidence
2. Get rid of what they may have considered some troublesome or inefficient pilots at the same time.
3 The demographic spread of the 49s also meant everyone in CX would relate to someone who was let go.

It proved an effective short term solution for the company but boy have they been paying in headaches ever since.....Now, nothing they do is trusted by the majority of their pilots and for some its not the 1st time they feel they were shafted by a company...thus the very very negative mistrustful and fear based agressive attitudes of some pilots.

The aviation industry has changed, the threats to aviation such as bird flu sars terrorism have changed. The role of pilots have changed. New models must be considered and adapted.

Some people will benefit some will lose out, thats life. Its often the ones who will loose out that naturally try to resist the changes but if the offers on the table suited them personally all their "principles" would fly out the door and they would grab them.

I'd like to see if for example some of the CX guys who is strongly shouting from the rafters "KA will be CX integrated above my seniority over my dead body- there'll be hell to pay" would themselves refuse a command (hypothetical) in KA on their aircraft of choice based in OZ, leapfrogging someone's KA seniority.....I don't think they would...maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited by volarecantare; 11th Feb 2008 at 06:39.