PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL course recommendations, cambs.
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2008, 21:15
DB777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NPPL course recommendations, cambs.

Hi,
After a long time saving, i'm just about ready to start my nppl.

I could use some more advice on the best way of approaching it though. I have to go down the 'NPPL' route as my eyesight is just out of the PPL Class 2 Medical regs, and being obsessed with flying, this is my ONLY option to ever learn!

I've been to Skyline Aviation @ Gransden in the past for a trial lesson and therefore have currently put them at the top of the list. I was recommended to them, they seemed nice enough and the are very close to me. Although I don't know enough people in the field to know either way!
I'm not too aware of others locally so am interested to hear from anyone who's trained there or elsewhere. I have considered MASFC although there has been a mentioned to me that they are not the best value for money, but any other feedback would be good. Also, as i'm only fractionally 'out' on my visual prescription, if the parameters were to change in the future it would be nice to know if/how i'd go about progressing an nppl to a ppl - is this possible?

I'm in no rush to gain my license and cost isn't a massive issue but, equally, like anything, I'd like to do it somewhere that's got a good reputation for good, thorough, informative and 'nurturing' training as i'd like to get the most (not that there is alot) out of my NPPL if/when I get it!

Any feedback, on any level will be greatly received.

DB777