PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are we really going with the IMC rating?
Old 10th Feb 2008, 21:10
derekf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuji,

I have posted this here as well as Flyer forums as we seem to have threads going on in both places and you've been cross posting so I felt I'd better do the same for this specific post as I think it's fairly key.

Please take this as a constructive post as I have been giving this some thought.

I do see you having an anti-AOPA position from all your posts questioning the work that has been done. This may well not be the case, but this is the way it comes across - rightly ot wrongly.

I do support your aims to keep the IMCR, but can I please suggest that if you really are serious about doing this then you should look to get all the heavyweight backing you can to get financial assistance and also access to the appropriate people in EASA.

I would suggest, in my simplistic view of the world, that you take up Bose's 'olive branch' and get together and meet AOPA.

There's no reason why you and the rest of the ukimc.org team cannot continue working together, but why not do it with/under the auspices of AOPA.

You would be able to get their financial backing and access via IAOPA to the appropriate meetings / people in EASA.

You may believe that AOPA have not done enough, but surely if you were to get together with them and discuss this then you could find a way of moving forward with the passion you obviously have but under a large body already recognised by EASA and the NAAs

Whatever you may think of the AOPA efforts to date I believe you would be doing yourself, ukaopa.org, and all of the pilots you claim to represent if you didn't take up this opportunity and have a round table discussion as opposed to trying to do this in this forum or over on PPRUNE. I feel you need all the help you can get and as a number of other posters have put it, to get a single voice coming across would add weight to the campaign - and if it was AOPA (and IAOPA) then that's got to be good.

So please, for the sake of the IMCR, get together with AOPA, sit down, discuss your joint aims and what you've done and what you plan to do, and see if you can't do something together.

Derek...