PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are we really going with the IMC rating?
Old 10th Feb 2008, 20:24
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have refrained from making comment about your campaign as I said I would, you clearly have an issue with AOPA for whatever reason.
Bose

You are a good fella, but you are deluding yourself by constantly suggesting I have an issue with AOPA as such.

I cannot support any representative organisation that had ample opportunity before Christmas to ask pilots what they thought about the loss of the IMC rating but failed to do so. I cant support any representative organisation who allowed this to go to the wire. I cant support any representative organisations on whom it has suddenly dawned that a survey of their members and the wider audience might all of a sudden be a good idea when that should have been done many many months ago.

Do you honestly believe it was AOPA that achieved a four year moratorium on the rating at the joint EASA / CAA briefing - or might it have been because, 2,000 odd pilots, all the GA mags, and a couple of Euro MPs took time out to point out what we were about to lose?