PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are we really going with the IMC rating?
Old 10th Feb 2008, 19:13
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posted on Flyer. This will be my last post on here on this. For more information visit flyer or the AOPA forums.

AOPA have always been clear on their position on the IMCR rating. They have worked tirelessly for this for over a year. This may not have been communicated clearly enough for some unfortunately.

AOPA fully support retention of the IMC rating in the UK. We believe that the work that AOPA, the CAA and PPLIR have been undertaking to bring the rating up to date should continue. AOPA will continue to lobby the appropriate people within government and EASA towards this aim. This will include trying to convince the Europeans that the IMC has great benefit to pilot safety. The AOPA philosophy is to 'keep our powder dry' when it comes to letter writing campaigns and involvement of MP's. There will be an election before all of this comes to a head and as such we prefer to continue to work existing channels.

We will continue to work with the regulator towards a more accessible IR.

We will not be trying to convert the IMC to a mini IR or try to get adopted as a European wide rating. We will continue to make representations towards having full and justifiable credit given to IMC holders towards an accessible IR.

I am not getting into a debate with you on this. I have offered an olive branch and am prepared to work with you. If you just want to continue to dig at AOPA you do yourself and your cause no justice.