PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 10th Feb 2008, 17:38
mini cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was going to post all sorts of helpful information about what to ask about at the interview, but then we received an e-mail / post from management about changes to our bidding system. This has worked fine for years, but now they change it fundamentally with no recourse by us. So I thought if you are that desperate to join after reading what has been posted on pprune http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=312557 then you won't listen anyway!! Yes you may pass the interview, but once here you have no rights, conditions of contract will change by the whim of management.
In summary I have never seen or heard of a company which is making a profit, expanding its network, getting new aircraft have such low crew morale (both cabin crew and flight crew). It gets worse by the minute. Do yourself a favour, unless it is vitally important that you come to EK now, stay away for now. I've been here for years and i wish I had never come in the first place. If you do come you will always hope/think that things will change for the better, believe me it hasn't got better, it will not get better.

So my interview advice again, ask lots of questions about the issues we all write about here, then if you if you are still desperate go ahead - but you will still regret it.
Sorry not what all you guys want to hear, but better said now than said later.