PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERTs and Wokkas in Afghan
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2008, 15:33
minigundiplomat

Received 187 Likes on 71 Posts
Tigs,

I think you need to take a chill pill my old son. I don't want to go to the OCF, just as I don't want to change type or become a Flt Ops Officer. I don't want to pay more tax or have nails hammered into my feet.
We all have things we don't want to do, even you. I just expressed mine in response to a post.
Are some of the OCF out of date....YES. Are some of them doing a top notch job, day in day out....YES. And I stand very firmly by my post, despite your knee jerk morale outrage.
As for your comments about not complaining if told I was not going to the sandpit, I find that a bit of an assumption and possibly a little reflective of your own mindset.
I always deploy, and always will deploy. Partly because of quals, partly because I enjoy it (being away from Odius is no bad thing these days), but mostly because that is the job I joined to do.
Well done on having a roundel. I think you'll find many of JHC have chucked theirs away having been cut adrift by the RAF. But if it keeps you happy, it's a good thing.

Now, can we get back onto topic, or does anyone else want to have a pop?