PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Land Smash And Grab By Glasgow ??
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2008, 15:04
fisbangwollop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PHUKU.........My own experiance of the last 13 years of working the FIR sector from Scottish on 119.875 is that the coverage around Stirling at and below 2000ft is far better than Glasgow on 119.1. The majority of flights call us as they climb out from PG and then operate in the Stiling Dunblane area, only an hour ago I spoke to a helicopter at 800ft over Loch Lomond and maintained 2 way contact till landing at Perth.My own experiance of providing a FIS over the last few years is coverage around Oban below 2000ft is poor and between Ballantrae and Stranraer also below 2000ft poor. It is often the case aircraft will call Scottish 119.875 as they are unable to contact Glasgow on 119.1. A frequent user is a private owned Iquarus Micro that always calls when he operates from his private site at Blair Drummond and always maintains good 2way contact. At times Glasgow require to operate the traffic around the PG area but now with the FIR sector squack 7401 at least if they see that squack on radar they know the aircraft is in contact with Scottish 119.875.