PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I love Gulf air
Thread: I love Gulf air
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2008, 09:47
shazar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinion

Al Fakherm Snr, sorry if my point of view is misunderstood. But being an HR professional with many years working across banks, logistics and manufacturing, I could confirm that HR is always under criticism everywhere, and you can’t please everyone. The personnel appointed in HR and Legal were just hired mid of November 2007, which is less than 3 months to date. Therefore, reforms will take long time to surface up and financial performance is the indicator. (Now GF talks about substantial reduction in daily losses)

I can understand your frustration, which always happen when a new management comes by anywhere. But be mindful, you should not shift the blame to new people. Corruption is a wide scale problem including in neighbouring airlines but the incredible financial support and operational monopoly tools made the difference, as stated earlier. (This reminds me of current European criticism to GCC States-owned investment funds)

At top of Emirates, the director of civil aviation department is himself Emirates Chairman is himself Dubai Airport Manager! What a nice structure! It makes life so simple for Emirates that anyone can observe that in the produced policies & laws. In Etihad, the sub-zero people management skills and poor working culture are the toast of the hour! that everyone talk about second GF. Moreover, it has dominance of one major nationality – Australian! (This was the same in GF few years ago; PLEASE I have nothing against any nationality but wonder if the airline is a commercial or charity organisation!) In a nutshell, no diversity or corporate culture there!