PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TSR-2 (Merged a few times)
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2008, 09:20
airsound

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
What fantastic film, kokpit - thanks for digging that up. There seems to be other good stuff on sonicbomb.com as well.

One of the many fascinating things, to me, in the TSR2 film, was the amount the undercarriage oleos scrunch up when the weight comes on them. (Which perhaps partly accounts for the rather dorky look when the dunlops are dangling) Anyway, if I remember right, part of the spec required TSR2 to be able to operate from grass strips - and this from an aircraft (with short stubby wings) that rotated at about 180kts! Hence one of the problems was how to make an undercarriage that could cope with that.

It certainly seemed to be able to bounce ok......

Anyway - a fascinating glimpse of 'if only' - and don't forget this was supposed to replace the Canberra, amongst others!

Another lovely touch - the chase aircraft, a Frightning and a Meatbox. Wonderful pics - and all to some rather appropriate music. And the scrapyard ending, too - that made my blood boil.

Thanks again kokpit.

airsound

PS If you haven't done so, do go and see the TSR2 at the Museum at Cosford. When you stand beside it, it's unbelievably huge, and it definitely looks the db.

Last edited by airsound; 10th Feb 2008 at 09:59. Reason: added Museum thought