PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex Cancel More Flights
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2008, 09:10
Frazzled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, just a few questions please - I have been following this thread and if anyone would like to answer some questions seriously i would be thankful.

Firstly, I am not an airline pilot - however i am not up to scratch on the politics/economics of regional airlines. So here goes:

1. Is rex making profit? If so small or large?
2. If rex was to match surveillance australia then where does the extra money come from?
3. How many people does a dash 8 or whatever rex operates carry?
4. Therefore if gaining extra cash comes from increased fares then how much does the fare have to increase?
5. I am guessing serveillance Australia just charges the government more for the service therefore has the extra money to cough up for increased wages - is this right? Are the regional routes supplemented by government for supplying services to the country regions?

I am quite in favour of increased wages for the regional guys, as it sounds like you could get the same money working at coles and doing the hard yards to get your ATPL should be rewarded with a salary which comensurate with training and qualifications. I am just trying to understand that's all.

cheers,
Frazzled