PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex Cancel More Flights
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2008, 09:02
Cloud Whisperer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FLYITBOY
The regionals will always be a 'stepping stone' or a 'training ground', always has been always will be.
No!!! Definitely not ALWAYS!! . . . I didn’t want to. . . I don’t really want to still, but the pay, or lack thereof, does make me pause

As has been said there is the lifestyle factor. I was one of those who, as Stationair8 posted, would have been in the Hazo/Kendall queue to the respective CP door. But alas. . . .

The appeal is there - actual flying, short sectors, lifestyle. It is what some want, and this applies to a broad spectrum of ages.

METRO MAN – nail on the head.

I currently have the privilege (and joy) of scooting around in a turboprop, albeit from a place I would rather not be in anymore. But the Company gave us sizeable pay increase, with the final figure still in the grinder (SA offer may make them think again), to slow the exodus and to recruit others. It worked for me and slowed me down – for a bit

Now if the Regionals offered what I get, and some abandoned that daft ‘pay for endorsement’ nonsense then my bags would be packed..

KRUSTY 34 – they can compete for me

As has been posted, the smaller companies have been quicker to respond, I am sure with great reluctance but they realised they had to or “last one out turn out the lights please”..

Heads must come out of the sand . . . soon?