PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New rostering rules at EK
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2008, 05:23
woodja51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jammin' pprune!

Well this management email certainly generated some pprune traffic!!! - only saw this many posts when the BA 777 punched in!!

Once again many theories about the logic of this action - most probably some basis in fact for all.

Unfortunately many of you have not had your work ethic tested enough obviously...!

I will reserve my judgment as to how this will work out - I suspect not in any way that relates to the stated objectives by Ed.

But hey, all ya have to do to get plenty of time off is hurt your self kite surfing, riding motorbikes or knock ya self out playing football. The clinic are excellent at giving time off!

The Cathay/Dragonair guys discovered this thing called 'affected syndrome'

Apparently works a treat...

Don't like the roster? - Adjust it using any means you are happy with. It's the Company's 'flight plan' - not the 'post flight report'!

Can't put any positive spin on it but the earlier comment that nothing was done after in excess of 50 ASRs on the Perth curtains - which continue to go on....and the use of a seat to gain rest etc... but we all know that safety and standards has no influence on decisions made in higher management.

Otherwise we wouldn't be doing stupid Peleysis and leadership courses that teach nothing but how to press a mouse button!

But they all come and go...and not many leave with a legacy of having made any improvement for the Company's real bottom line.

Rather than throw this at us why not ask us if we are happy with the way things are reference CRS and rostering via some form of constructive and consultative process...... hmmm sounds like democracy .... cant be having that now..!

Really feel sorry for the guys looking to come over here.

It's a shame that the mere mention of the word 'basings' would solve ALL of EKs current and future manning requirements.. panacea - maybe!

maybe email ed with the phrase 'basings ' in the subject line - no body and see what happens?

woodja.