PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERTs and Wokkas in Afghan
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2008, 23:09
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pop
Thanks for your post.

MGD

since when has ANYBODY on an OCU, OCF or Sqn for that matter had any control over where and when they get posted or deployed?? I think if the powers that be told you on the quiet you were going to be looked over for your next trip to the sandpit you would not complain one iota. Non of the lads and lasses choose where they go, and if instructors are left on an OCF without recent deployment experience, then they have to do the best job they can to train the new guys with whatever experiences they have.

Your post

If you are one of the small number that have deployed on behalf of the OCF, then you deserve the credit for breaking the mould. The majority, however, don't.(WTF!!)

Some, and it is a small number I'll admit, or quite happy to live off a very stale experience of Ops, and pass it on as gospel. You (if your who I think you are, are not in that category) but many are.

To get back to the point raised by AIDU, I am not on the OCF (nor would I want to be), and the OCF collectively, do not deploy as a matter of course. I personally have never seen a member of the OCF in theatre. But if you want to carry on splitting hairs....
Is frankly not one I would want to see from somebody I was supposed to go to war with. As for your last bit, I hope you are posted to an OCF and the understand what it is like to have people as short sighted as you thinking that they are REMFS. You should be ashamed of yourself for the post, and bye the way, if it wasn't for some Remf on an OCU/OCF giving you the time of day you wouldn't be doing your job now.

You've touched a nerve mate! (and no I was never on an OCU/OCF apart from as a stude). The difference between us is that despite banter, if you cut me through the middle you would find a roundel, in you ther would just be a squadron badge.