PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Such Thing As Crew Shortage - Only Lost Opportunities!
Old 9th Feb 2008, 19:31
anthraCX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've read enough views now so thought I'd add my own for a change....Fire away!

I think that he's trying to provoke industrial action of some sort now so that he's got something to blame the "missed opportunities" on. Does anyone remember how cross they were when the pilots didn't go on strike, having provoked us and leased the Chinese aircraft in advance of the event in 2001?

I say ease the pressure on slowly. Once the rest of the crew realise what's going on and stop working G's/answering the 'phone when they don't have to etc they'll feel the pressure of lost opportunities quite hard with no one to blame it on save themselves.

I counted about 15 of our aircraft parked up at the maintenance hangar a few days ago, don't tell me they were all due a service. So we're also leasing the new 400F's out and rumour has it they're desperate for crews. Given the amount of overtime I'm getting and the number of messages I encounter on my 'phone after a couple of days off, I can well believe it.

This leaves me in the unpopular minority here that thinks ST's doing an OK job given what he's got to work with. Let's sit tight and not let the company lead us up the industrial action path.