PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hep Me On This One Please
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2008, 15:17
jschofield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hep Me On This One Please

I heard about this from my air cadets squadron staff.

The Commanding Officer says I would have to pay about £50,000 to get my commercial pilots licence and to get that I would need a private pilots licence of £6000 as well.

I later heard from another staff member that there was a scheme by some airlines called a cadetmanship or something like that which involves me going to college, getting up to A-level standard, getting a PPL whilst I am at college and applying to an airline to take me on and train me for my commercial pilots licence and then keep me on as a pilot flying for the airline. If i were to quit that at any time it would cost me the amount of money it cost the airline to train me.

I am at air cadets and I am getting grades at school of C or above but I am unsure of what to do as the staff have confused me. I have just finished my one week work experience at City Airport Manchester (Barton Aerodrome) as an air traffic controller and i was complimented as one of the most dedicated(7 hour round trip on 2 buses and 6 trains), polite and hard working people they have taken on work experience. If anyone has anything which is of relevance to me then could you please help me.

Thanks for reading and if there is such a thing as a cadetmanship could you tell me how hard it is to get them and what airlines are doing them. Thanks