PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex Cancel More Flights
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2008, 12:57
Chris Higgins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Normasars...Normasars.

So the 717 pilot that pranged in; is he one of the ones you trained too? I thought you trained ALL the airline pilots in the world...oh great one?

FlySaucer

There are plenty of pilots being hired straight into Citations making between US$85-110 in the first year. Some have less than 1000 hours. The friend from uni' that went to the regional that is making US$110 is in his third year with the carrier. With penalties and retirement contributions it will be over US$150k this year, if he works hard, and he will to pay off college loans. Upgrade times are running at less than 2 years at most regionals, he got lucky and upgraded in three months.

I was lucky enough to be a direct entry captain with my present employer and so it's just a matter of timing more than anything.

There are guys that fly the Fed Ex Caravan out of Pittsburgh three nights a week and go to uni' near the airport that make close to $US60K. They are very short sectors of less than an hour and normally only two or three legs.

Anyway, I've got to take the boys skiing, it's beginning to snow and they're restless.

Cheers!